This build was for a musician that was recording material for their new album and also editing some visuals primarily using Sony’s Vegas software. The customer was having performance issues with their current computer system so we needed to make sure that the new machine could perform the required tasks whilst keeping an eye on the budget. The customer had recently purchased a new PSU and graphics card for their current workstation so we re-used them on this build.
An Intel Core i5-3570 CPU, 16GB RAM and the Crucial SSD provided more than enough performance. The Crucial SSD was set up as the main Windows drive and a 2TB Seagate Barracuda hard drive would be used mainly for storage. We also installed the Siig FireWire card for connecting a Focusrite audio interface. A few different video cameras were also going to be hooked up via firewire and the Siig card has proved to be much more reliable than some of the cheaper firewire cards.
The full spec…
- Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl Mid Tower Case USB 3.0
- ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 S1155 Z77
- Intel Core i5-3570 3.40 GHz Processor
- 16GB kit (8GBx2), 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800 / 1.5V
- SAMSUNG SH-224BB/BEBE DVD±RW SATA
- Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2 TB 3.5″ Internal Hard Drive
- Crucial 128GB m4 2.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s
- Siig FireWire 2-Port PCI Express Adapter Card (NN-E20012-S2 Texas Instruments)