This unit was built for a professional musician running reaper. The customer wanted the unit to be relatively quiet and mount in a 19″ rack. The operating noise was not too critical as there was a separate live area for recording but the customer wanted to make sure that the towers sound level would not be too intrusive while mixing.
The Scythe Shuriken CPU cooler has proved to be a very reliable unit and will cool CPU’s with a maximum Thermal Design Power of up to 95w, so it can work with pretty much all of the Intel Haswell Core i series CPU’s. There is a good article relating to CPU coolers on the quiet PC forum.
The Scythe CPU cooler combined with the FSP raider Power supply ensures that the operating noise is pretty minimal, even when pushing the performance of the CPU. One problem area with operating noise can be ‘case rattle’ but the Lian li tower is pretty good with rubber grommets to dampen any Hard drive noise.
The full spec;
- Lian li PC-C32B Aluminium desktop tower including rack ears
- FSP Raider 650W Quiet PSU 80+ Silver
- ASUS H87-PLUS motherboard
- Intel Core i5-4670 3.40 GHz Processor
- 8GB (Kit) DDR3 PC3-12800
- Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB 3.5″ Internal Hard Drive
- Scythe Shuriken Rev B Quiet Low Profile CPU Cooler
- LiteOn IHAS124-04 DVD+-R/RW/DL/RAM
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64bit